Endurance races, ski trips, musings, and adventures on the East Coast.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Home Shop


Like most bike nerds out there, I've been dreaming about having a bike shop at my house for a long time. Really, to this point, the closest I've come is having both a bed and all of my bike tools in my car at the same time. In other words, not that close. But I'm digging into Vermont these days and so clearly that needed to change.

We have a shed at our house, which to this point had been serving as our shed. But it only had a partial floor, making the work space awkward. Plus we lost more than a few bolts and torque wrench bits down through the slats in the old floor, or in the dirt area near the wood.

Enter a rest week without a ton of riding planned and.....


 
.........it happened. Now we have a real wood floor (no more lost
bolts), pegboard, shelving, etc. So sweet to have all the tools organized, the truing stand out, and on and on. Basically to have a well lit, organized, functional space. 


It also means the tool box has lots of room and is therefor way more organized than it was before. Anything that doesn't fit well on a hook goes in in here. By the way, if you don't have a torque wrench, they're pretty awesome and well worth the investment. It should come in handy when I get around to installing those new ENVE bars soon.

All in all a pretty productive way to spend a week if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment